This is a recipe that’s actually 100% my own, though there’s nothing very original or creative about it. This is a soup that is optimized for being easy and fast to make, while still being filling and having a reasonable amount of protein.
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 carrots, quartered lengthwise and diced
- 8 cups vegetable stock (I use Not-Chick’n Bouillon Cubes).
- 3 cans different canned beans (e.g. kidney, great northern, and garbanzo)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cup small pasta (ditalini, orzo, or alphabets)
Heat the oil on medium high heat, and sautee the onion and carrot in it, until the onion is translucent. Add the stock, the canned beans, and the canned tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Then add the pasta. Keep the soup on a boil until the pasta is fully cooked. Adjust seasonings and serve.